Thursday, June 15, 2006

Honeymoon Over?

The lovable Ken Ray recorded a blown save last night. His second of the season - we'll see if the honeymoon is over or not for Ray. You can't beat around independent leagues for 4 years and then come out and dominate in MLB. I don't see Ken's success from the past 2 months continuing for a full season - and last night was a glimpse of what is to come. I hope I'm wrong.

Oscar Villarreal was charged with his first loss of the season last night. Despite the fact that he has an ERA near 5 and 4 blown saves the guy had a record of 7-0 prior to yesterday. You gotta love it when a guy gets a W for giving up a lead/tie.

Pete Orr laid down a beautiful sacrifice bunt in the 10th last night. I ask myself, would it not be better to sacrifice the bullpen though? Remlinger better watch his mouth (and his ERA, errant throws, etc.) See the AJC for what Mike said regarding his throw to, or should I say towards, Chipper.

No comments: