Monday, July 30, 2007

Mark Teixeira #23

So the Braves will have a solid first baseman....I mean a real, power hitting, offensive, marquee, first sacker.

Let's take a look at the recent history of the Braves 1B position:

2007: Thorman/Saltalamachia/Franco
2006: LaRoche
2005: LaRoche/Franco
2004: LaRoche/Franco
2003: Fick/Franco/Franco
2002: Franco/Franco/Helms (and even some Surhoff)
2001: Bogna/Helms/Camanitti/Franco
2000: Galarraga/Joyner

So that means it's been since 2000 that the Braves had a real threat, I mean a household name type bigleaguer manning the old man's corner.

I like it. I like Teixeira. I liked Salty and hope he turns out to be a dud.

BTW, Matt Diaz wears #23 - and so does Teixeira, so someone will be buying someone else a new car for a jersey number.

No comments: