Friday, July 06, 2007

The Reality of Baseball Strikes

Pete Orr was sent to AAA Richmond yesterday and the call me up, send me down, call me up again, then send me down again, Joey Devine was recalled from AA Mississippi.

This will mark the first time since the beginning of the 2005 season that Pete Orr will not be on the Atlanta Braves 25-man roster.

Braves skipper Bobby Cox said, "We need another pitcher for the next couple of days bad. I hate to do it, because Pete is one of my favorite guys and one of the best teammates our guys have ever had."

Orr was hitting well below the mendoza line at .179 this season and has been overshadowed by the rise of Yunel Escobar during the recent weeks.

Orr said, "I'd love to play for the Braves and Bobby Cox again."

The Braves cannot recall Orr for 10 days - Major League rules, not mine.

No comments: